Amethyst Crystal Australia
Amethyst Crystals Alignment
- Chakra correspondences: Third eye, crown, soma, soul star, stellar gateway, and beyond
- Physiological correspondences: Cellular and metabolic processes, endocrine function, hormone regulation, neural transmission, brain harmonization, immune system, blood, skin, respiratory and digestive tracts, skin, psychosomatic disorders
- Vibration: High (Vera Cruz, Brandenberg, Amethyst Elestial, and Sirius Amethyst have exceptionally high vibrations)
- Common sources: worldwide—especially Brazil, India, Madagascar, Republic of South Africa, Uruguay
- Astrological associations: Virgo, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces
Amethyst Crystal Meaning & History
Amethyst means “sincerity” and “freedom from harm.” Symbolizing wisdom, deep love, devotion, and peace of mind, the stone was worn historically by royalty to signify power.
Amethyst’s legendary power protected against drunkenness—the name literally means “not drunk.” Ancient Romans drank wine from amethyst cups, and for millennia people wore Amethysts to prevent intoxication.
Amethyst’s color comes from iron, but according to Greek mythology, the god of wine, Bacchus, was offended by Diana, the huntress. In revenge, he declared that the first person he met in the forest would be eaten by his tiger.
A beautiful maiden called Amethyst was on her way to worship at the shrine of Diana when she met the tiger. Calling on the goddess to save her, she turned into a sparkling white crystal.
Repenting, Bacchus poured wine over her, producing the stone’s characteristic purple hue.
Amethyst is one of the stones in the Breastplate of the High Priest and a stone for Archangel Raphael.
It is worn in the Christian church to signify high rank, victory over worldly passion, and spiritual power.
According to the eighthcentury Archbishop of Mainz, Amethyst instills in humble souls the constant thought of heaven
Spiritual Healing Powers of Amethyst
Amethyst’s vibrations remove subtle disease. An effective tranquilizer, it helps you understand the source of addictions.
Traditionally, Amethyst was bound to the forehead to heal headaches, and modern-day crystal workers use Amethyst to calm anxiety and draw off physical or psychological pain.
It balances the subtle endocrine system, regulating hormone production. The stone may aid psychosomatic diseases of the digestive tract by transmuting whatever is, metaphorically, hard to swallow.
It reduces swelling anywhere on the body. An Amethyst geode or cluster is an excellent tool for space clearing or Earth healing, as it absorbs negativity and infuses an area with tranquility. Amethyst blocks geopathic stress and electromagnetic frequencies.
How to harness the power of Amethyst
Place an Amethyst above your head, point toward you, and one on your forehead, pointing down. Feel peace radiating through your body.