What does self-growth mean?
Self-growth sometimes referred to as “personal growth” or “personal development,” is a process of developing new skills, attitudes, actions, or reactions that can have a positive impact on your life and increase your overall well-being.
There are many aspects of life that people might want to improve on, and although they can be in different areas, the path to get there is very similar.
In this blog, we will talk about why self-growth is important, how to build a plan for self-growth, and then share some tips to help you on your path to self-growth.
Why is self-growth important?
Self-growth can be directed toward intellectual, physical, or psychological development. This process might help you improve your relationships with your coworkers, managers, partner, friends, and also with yourself. Here are some reasons why self-growth is important:
- It forces you out of your comfort zone. When you leave your comfort zone (that space where you feel safe and in control) and work toward the growth zone (where you can set new goals and find your true purpose), you can reach your full potential. As the saying goes, “The best sailors aren’t born in smooth waters.”
- Self-actualization. Once we satisfy the “basic” and “psychological” needs, the next requirement is personal growth and fulfilment. This is important because, for instance, not striving for growth might mean falling into a state of passivity later in life.
- Developing a growth mindset. A growth mindset means that people believe their intelligence and talents can be developed over time, while a fixed mindset means that your intelligence and skills are fixed, so if you’re not good at something, you might believe you’ll never be good at it. Research shows that those with a growth mindset achieve more than those with a fixed mindset in school, jobs, and personal life. Having a growth mindset goes hand in hand with self-growth, as it broadens the possibilities and inspires you to work on yourself.
5 areas of personal development
Understanding the five areas of personal growth is important because it can help you explore where to make improvements in your life.
Everyone is different and some might focus on your job satisfaction and career goals. While others might value relationships and physical connection. By breaking down the 5 areas of personal development It can help you to determine your strengths and develop in areas that might need improvement.
Daily journaling can help you work through difficult negative emotions and experiences by offering a safe space for you to express the struggles you might have. For example, if you write to explore and make sense of a stressor or traumatic event, it can help you decrease distress and depression and even help you achieve positive growth from the event.
It is a tool and workbook for going deep into self-love, chakra healing, emotional, and body understanding with direction woven through the words and images offering a container for this journey.
The beautiful full-colour illustrations (completely new to this Journal), poetry, positive affirmations and words of inspiring wisdom throughout the 196 pages encourage creative self-expression, self-reflection and exploration of creative destiny.
The journal is divided into the seven chakras, offering an opportunity to move through these main energy centres and clear out any un-love. Use the letter page and envelope contained within to write yourself a love letter from your heart to your soul, to make a promise or make a wish. Your dharma is a promise to fulfil.
This short and delicious life is yours, so don't waste any time doubting your worth or calling. You are here for divine creative purpose, and this journal will help you to celebrate your own creative rhythm.
Meditation for self-awareness
The practice of mindfulness naturally gives the mind space to discover itself: this is true self-awareness. Mindfulness meditation also shows you clearly that not every emotion or thought is worth reacting to. It helps you prioritise and use your energy and time wisely and efficiently. The practice of mindfulness naturally gives the mind space to discover itself: this is true self-awareness. Mindfulness meditation also shows you clearly that not every emotion or thought is worth reacting to. It helps you prioritise and use your energy and time wisely and efficiently.
The Basics of Mindfulness Practice
Mindfulness helps us put some space between ourselves and our reactions, breaking down our conditioned responses. Here’s how to tune into mindfulness throughout the day:
- Set aside some time. You don’t need a meditation cushion or bench, or any sort of special equipment to access your mindfulness skills—but you do need to set aside some time and space.
- Observe the present moment as it is. The aim of mindfulness is not quieting the mind, or attempting to achieve a state of eternal calm. The goal is simple: we’re aiming to pay attention to the present moment, without judgement. Easier said than done, we know.
- Let your judgments roll by. When we notice judgments arise during our practice, we can make a mental note of them, and let them pass.
- Return to observing the present moment as it is. Our minds often get carried away in thought. That’s why mindfulness is the practice of returning, again and again, to the present moment.
- Be kind to your wandering mind. Don’t judge yourself for whatever thoughts crop up, just practise recognising when your mind has wandered off, and gently bring it back.
Incenses are a very popular choice to aid meditation sessions. Practitioners find that incense scents can help to relieve stress and anxiety, perfect for setting the tone for meditation and contemplation. Lavender. Lavender is well known for its relaxing and soothing effects on the nervous systemEmpower yourself or loved ones with our self love gift set
Our gift set includes ~
1x Awaken your Psychic Ability ~ This comprehensive book is aimed at anyone who wants to awaken their psychic gifts from best-selling author Debbie Malone
1x Self Love Journal ~ The Self-love Journal is a tool and workbook for going deep into self-love, chakra healing, emotional, body understanding with direction woven through the words and images offering a container for this journey.
1x True love reading cards~ These cards have been created to guide you in matters of the heart. True Love Reading Cards will guide you to new levels of understanding, confidence and trust - they will shine a light so you can attract and create the love you desire.
1x Rose Incense handcrafted in India.
1x Deep Calm premium soy candle with wood wick - Appx 40 hrs burn time with the aroma of Passionfruit Paw Paw
1x Pink Druzzy Agate~ A beautiful geode to bring in peace love and bonding energy. Ideal to place in your living room. Grounding energy will bring in serenity.